This is the quote my wife has on the top of her ‘to do’ list board. I love it and try to apply it daily. If you’ve read any of my books, emails or newsletters, you know I’m no where close to perfect. 🙂
But perfection can kill your progress.
Just today, I was coaching a friend on his LinkedIn profile. He’s spent the last two weeks perfecting his professional summary. Agonizing over every sentence, every word. All along the way, accomplishing very little. Time is being wasted.
Stop that. Run. Run fast. Make mistakes. It’s okay. In one month, the imperfect person will have four blog posts, two videos, and 20 social media posts. The perfectionist will have a perfect social media post. One. That lived for five minutes and then disappeared into the abyss.
So what are you sitting on? What are you tweaking while others are passing you by?
1. To err is human. Don’t fear it. If you put yourself out there, you’re bound to make some mistakes along the way. That’s okay. Learn from it and move on.
2. Allow others who are perfectionists to help! I write fast and make mistakes. Then I hire other people smarter than me to fix my mistakes. Try www.upwork.com to find these people and hire them.
3. Get familiar with the new tools that make being fast easier. Periscope or Facebook Live allow for easy video recording and production. Simply click an app on your phone and you can go live with quality content. Hootsuite.com will allow you to post to your all of your social networks quickly and efficiently.
4. Get your butts down to ATLANTA for our 2-day eBoot Camp on Feb. 18th and 19th so we can show you how to be fast and efficient. Details are below!
Now stretch those fingers, shake those wrists, and get out there and produce!
You will spend dedicated time working on:
– Your LinkedIn profile
– Your Website
– Your overall marketing content
– eMail, YouTube, Blog
– and more.
You’ll accomplish more in 2-days than you would the entire year!
Date: February 18th and 19th
Location: 4151 Ashford Dunwoody Rd,
Atlanta, GA 30319
– Easy access from airport to hotel via train (Marta)
– Hotel directly across from event: Hilton Garden Inn
(1501 Lake Hearn Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30319)
Register by February 1st and receive the Early Bird Rate of $1,295.
All registrations after that date will be $1,495.
Early Bird Registration – NOW OPEN!