- Hashtags– people have been using hashtags on Facebook for a while now, but they finally work on Facebook as they do on Twitter and Instagram – as a search function and to increase organic reach.
- Instagram Reels– this new feature allows users to record and edit together 15-second video clips set to music and share them to their Stories, Explore Feed, and the new Reels tab on a user’s profile. Reels is a direct competitor to TikTok. It remains to be seen how this will impact business users on Instagram – will your company utilize the feature?
- Messenger Rooms– Rooms are a live video chat for up to 50 people available in Messenger, Facebook and coming more widely to Instagram and WhatsApp. This is an alternative to services like Zoom.
- Messenger Chat Plugin– website visitors are no longer required to be logged in to Facebook: anyone can chat with you now as a guest. This is huge and is already making a difference in better customer care and higher conversions.
- Instagram Live updates – you can now watch Live videos on desktop, not just on the mobile app.
Mari Smith discusses these, and more, in her video HERE.